Exclusive access problem on Paragon Restore

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by rosphite1, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosphite1

rosphite1 Registered Member

I've Paragon Backup & Recovery 2013 Free. I created a backup on an external hard drive that is connected to the PC(win 7) via a router. There is no partitions or anything complicated. The set up is very basic.
    When I try to restore I get "Volume exclusive access...."

When I click the "What files prevent operation completion" a list comes up.
    I select the option to "Close all open files and retry the operation" I select the 'yes' to the option to close and continue. That does not appear to do anything so I close the window and click "Retry" .
    Then I get the Volume exclusive access error again

Could anyone please help? I'm not very computer literate so please forgive if I require 'dummie' explanations. I had taken snips of the steps and the errors arising but I was unable to attach.

Thank you in advance

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please clarify if you're trying to restore your Win7 PC from external drive?
    Iа it is hard disk or partition backup, it could be restored in blue screen mode (on system restart) or from recovery media only.
    The reason is: while you Windows is working, restore can't get access to Windows partition for restore.

Please try the following:
    If your external drive connected as network storage, connect it directly to your PC (just for restore) , and try again.
    On screen about exclusive active needed you should get option to restart your PC and continue restore.

If you don't see the option, please follow User Manual \ Help instruction to create Recovery media and perform restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.