Exclude files using wildcards in Eset RA Config Editor

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by oliverm, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverm

oliverm Registered Member

Hi chaps

We need to exclude about 100+ file extensions and locations from a certain range of machines here.

Is there a way to import file exclusions based on wildcards in to a configuration? Most are *.extension. Some are IDNUMBER.*

I've tried importing them in to "Windows Desktop v5 > Kernel > Settings > Exclusions " which has a great +List option to import from a list.

However the wildcard file names and extensions I add there don't appear to be in the workstations config. THe folder exclusions are, and the specific file name exclusions are, but not the wildcard exclusions.

Any ideas how I can import them easily?

Olly

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. oliverm

oliverm Registered Member

Thanks, I saw that. The only thing is that wildcards aren't taken on by the client.

You can add wildcard file entries, push the config to clients, wait for them to check in, take the config and deal with it, and then ask for a copy of their config.

What you see is all the non-wildcard file entries and the folder entries, but none of the wildcard entries.

Olly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.