Ewido software problems

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by jamjar, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamjar

jamjar Guest

Hi there

I've been using Ewido for some time and Version 4 since its release date. I've only experienced these problems with the new version. Occasionally Windows freezes after Ewido updates and I have to use the the power button to turn off my pc. This evening for the first time Ewido hanged after completing a scan (with nothing detected). I keep xp and my antivirus software up-to-date.

Any ideas what might be causing these problems.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2006
  2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Difficult to say without knowing what you've got running else on your system. Could well be caused by a conflicting app or hardware. :doubt:
    I've used the betas and currently run the release version on XP Pro, together with all the apps mentioned in my sig. (except not two antivirus in real-time :D)
    Haven't experienced any freezing during updates nor any hanging during a scan. :)

Maybe you could try to uninstall ewido completely and using a good registry cleaner. Reboot your system and reinstall ewido without any other apps running in the background. Reboot and see if it happens again.

Let me know if this helped or not. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.