Ewido scanning options

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by AShaR, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

When I run a scan, Ewido runs along nicely but upon hitting a pest (usually cookies) the scan engine stops and asks if I want to clean it. You can subsequently set it to clean all further options but it means that I can't leave the scan to run overnight. Is there a way you can set Ewido to just complete the scan uninterrupted and report on the pests ready for action on your return? Or failing that, set the scan to clean automatically without a prompt? I need an option just to run the full scan without any further input from me till it's finished.

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Unfortunately this is not yet possible. However, you could put an eicar test file on top of your search list which then forces the infected file found dialog to appear... ;)

3. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

Well that's a workaround, I'll do that. Thanks for the prompt response as usual Fish, would it be possible to include this option on the wishlist for future versions?

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

yes, the scanner interface will be completely reworked in future version ;)

5. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

Great! Will look forward to that then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.