Ewido giving black screen

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Rilla927, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi folks,

In the last three days I done numerous scans v3.5 and most of the time I get a black screen and the computer will shut off. It has done it in safe mode also.

Has anyone else has this problem?

Thanks

Rilla927

2. Rilla927

No one has a reply!

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I for one never had it Happen to me. But there seems to be a draw on you resorces that ewido can over load your computer, I would start by looking in hardware manager for conflicts. Then in Windows Task manager/processes to see what process is drawing a excessive amount of ram, it could even be a bad stick of ram. Or the power supply.

4. steveke

steveke Registered Member

It has not happened to me either-but I have seen this at other forums with other anti-malware-every time it has turned out to be a laptop and cleaning the fan path worked.

I do not know if this is happening on a laptop of yours-but if it is a vacuming of the fan exhaust area seems to do the job.

5. Rilla927

Hi Carver,

well it has been uninstalled for a bit now. I don't remember what the resources were but they weren't bad or else I would have taken it off. I never thought of looking at the hardware manger for conflicts, that's a good idea, thanks.

I know it's not the ram because this has only happened with Ewido on my desktop and the laptop both. Other than that I have never had this happen before. Since I've uninstalled it, no problems.

6. Rilla927

Hi Steveke,

I kind of figured it has happened to others. It has been happening on my desktop and laptop. Since I uninstalled it I have no problems.

It's funny you mention the fan being vaccumed, it was just serviced a few months ago and they vaccumed it out at Comp USA. I wonder..... do you have to open the laptop up to vaccum it or do they do it from outside. That may sound dumb but I don't have a clue. I did see a nice little vaccum specifically for your computer at Belkin.

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Rilla927 a friend of mine at another forum had a problem with his computer when ever he played any video game, the video game would lockup after 3 or 4 min. He traced it down to dust clogged fans.

8. Rilla927

Clogged fans will due funny things to a computer. I looked underneath the laptop and I never noticed there is a cover that unscrews and comes off so you can vaccum it. I can see some dust but I can't really tell how much is there. I guess I'll find out when I take the cover off:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.