Ewido found CoolWebSearch

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by yjsk2100, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yjsk2100

yjsk2100 Registered Member

Mar 12, 2005
    The Home of the Fighting Irish
    HI. It has been a while since I posted here but I have the program Ewido Security Suite installed (Ewido Anti-Malware). Today I updated it and it now has 267,281 items in database and version #1717. I have 2 problems I need help with.

1. When I use to update Ewido I would use the daily signature download and it would take just a few minutes to download and update. Today it took almost 1/2 hour. I think it is downloading all of the updates and just accepting the most current ones. Is is suppose to be doing this?

2. After I updated Ewido last night to 266,874 items and ran the scan Ewido said I had CoolWebSearch. It quarantined it and said it was found in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows|Current Verson\Installer\UserData\5-1-5-18\components\5469893126FA872499AF889074FE8F5A

After Ewido quarantined it I went to the HKLM... but did not find it so I thought because Ewido quarantined it that was the reason. I then ran Spybot S&D - nothing found, Adaware SE - nothing found and I installed CWShredder - again nothing found. Today when I updated once more Ewido again found the CoolWebSearch. Again it was quarantined. Now I need to know if I actually have the CoolWebSearh and if so what steps do I take to remove it completely from my computer. Or do I actually have it. I did run a HJT log but nothing was found. Oh I did run Ewido a 2nd time with Show all Files and Folders.

I am using Windows XP Home SP2 with IE6. If there is anything else you need to know just ask. I was going to copy and paste the log of the scan I ran but I can't seem to find where it was saved on my computer. If you need that let me know and I will attempt once more to find it......
  2. steveke

steveke Registered Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Re: Ewido found CoolWebSearch-answer to update question

I believe I have the answer to your update question-

On 2/7/2006-update 1710 was issued-it was a completely new database 4.5 MB-

I assume that the daily signatures is still including this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.