ewido caught trojan & spyware

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Guardsman, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guardsman

Guardsman Registered Member

I'd downloaded a screensaver from a website and never scan the file with any
    security software before installing it as I trusted the site.
    During the installation process,ewido jump into action and alert me about a trojan
    & a spyware try to install into my pc.
    I was happy that ewido doing the job very well and very impressive.
    Anyone has such real-encounter would like to share with in this forum?

Attached Files:

• ss02.jpg
      ss02.jpg
      File size:
      32.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

due to the way Ewido scans in background I had numerous situations like this...if Nod32 doesn't catch it, I have Ewido that does its job.

The nicest situation was windupdates a month ago. I infected myself and from the moment I click on Explorer Ewido detects and cleans some of the major plagues to date. the rest was very easy to clean.

3. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Ewido has safed me from downloading crap too already a few times. I love it! And: Counterspy is also on my system and did nothing. Probably not it's kind of nasty :)

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi all,

When I was using Norton, I remember Ewido saving me many times. But ever since I have been using Kasperky's AV, nothing seems to get by anymore. Neither Ewido nor BOClean have caught anything since I installed KAV.

Would you guys mind relating the AVs that you are using? It would be helpful for future reference. Thanks.

Rich

5. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

It is very difficult to get things by KAV. Not impossible but very difficult. It is nice to have a memory scanner to hopefully catch anything making it past the AV demand scanner.

Starrob

6. richrf

richrf Registered Member

HI Starrob,

I agree. A memory scanner is an insurance policy. Why take a chance as long as it does not negatively impact by computer usage. I usually have Ewido and/or BOClean running since I have licences from both which I acquired prior to uninstalling NAV (a product I used for 10 years) and installing KAV.

Rich

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

imho the only thing missing is the pro active part of Ewido, for the rest it's top notch from the very beginning...

8. Guardsman

Guardsman Registered Member

Hello Rich & all guys,

I have been using Norton Internet Security 2004 (upgraded Version) for nearly three years.
    And thus during this period of time it defeated numerous of malware before they could attack
    my system.
    One good example of NIS in action was that when the moment I try to unzip one of the so call "Freeware program" from my folder,NIS in split second intercept a virus (trojan horse) from further damage to my pc.
    I'm glad that the both security programs (ewido & NIS) perform very well.

*Windows XP Home (SP2),NIS,ewido,Microsoft AntiSpyware & ProcessGuard*

Attached Files:

• ss03.jpg
      ss03.jpg
      File size:
      19.7 KB
      Views:
  9. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

When I used NAV 2004 it was constantly intercepting 'attacks' on my system while I surfed. Often these would be 'Bloodhound' heuristic findings of so called 'exploits'.

Since I have been using KAV I have not had even quarter as many findings of malware being caught; yet my surfing habits have not changed and my system remains as clean as ever. :rolleyes:

The explanation is obvious - NAV was finding a lot of things that were not there to be found, giving the user the impression he was being protected from attack when this was not in fact the case. :p

Symantec's use of the expression 'Trojan Horse' is generic and covers a huge number of possibilities - so you don't even know in that case what you were supposedly protected from! o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.