Ewido - advice please

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ChrisP, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I have just ordered Ewido. I understand it is one of the best ATs, but also that it detects spyware etc. Doed it detect adware/spyware as well as Adaware Pro.

I have Adaware pro running - but find it sucks a lot of cpu power - so dont want to run it if Ewido covers most of the same things.

Any advice welcome...

PS - Not sure this is the right place for this post - Ewido is an AT, but mu question refers to its ability to find spyware etc...

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi Chris,

Fish25 is the Ewido guru on this forum I think. Hopes he can answer this.
    I am running Ewido as well but together with an anti-spyware tool. I think the combination will do a better job than Ewido alone. But then again I might be totally wrong.

Gerard

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I purchased it too, after being convinced by someone. next week will be a upgrade fixing a lot of things: resource,...

I have spybot and adaware pro as well and spyblocker for blocking.

but I believe their main goals will be downloaders, trojans, rootkits and dll thingies eventually.

and they have great detection for tracking cookies as well :D

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

The main focus of ewido currently lies on trojans/backdoors, dialers, worms, keyloggers and downloaders. Nevertheless we're adding every spyware to our database we get but unfortunately I can't say anything about how it would compare to the well known anti-spyware programs out there.

Personally I'd recommend running an adaware on demand scan from time to time... :)

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

FWIW, I installed Ewido on a family member's problem pc.

This past weekend I scanned her computer with Ewido after an Adaware scan and Ewido did find some spyware items.
    They were mostly tracking cookies.
    Both programs were updated prior to scanning.

I haven't tried scanning with Spybot first yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.