Evolution for windows

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by djg05, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Does anyone use Evolution for Windows?

I have just tried installing it in the hope of getting rid of Outlook but cannot get it to run. It comes up with an error which I do not understand. The help on the error is here

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Is it this one? If not, you can try it, it sounds pretty good from the website at least. But I think I will stay with mutt for now . . .

Alphalutra1

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

That is the one but really all I want to do is to find a way of transferring my Outlook 98 calendar so that I can use it in Linux. I do have an old Palm and thought I could do it that way but have been searching the net and nothing I found works.

4. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Well, I guess you can try the mailing list and/or the forums listed on the front page, and ask the people in charge directly. They will probably know how to fix it.

Otherwise, you can try installing the "official" build, as shown on the website, then you have to update all the environment paths yourself, extract all the zip files, etc.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Had a change of plan.

Have done some more hunting around and found that I can export Outlook to Yahoo calendar. From there you can import back into Palm desktop. Bit of a circuitous route but it works. Now I have to find a way to get it into Linux and find a suitable app. Didn't really like the look of Evolution. KDE Kontact is the only other I know of.

Suggestions welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.