Event Viewer errors 3011 & 3012 in XP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Firebytes, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Not sure if anyone will have any information on this but I thought I would try.

I suddenly began getting errors in my event viewer a couple of months ago (errors 3011 & 3102) but only recently looked into Event Viewer again and noticed them there. So as you can see the errors haven't caused any operational problems in the computer that I have noticed but it is annoying to me for them to be there and I am wondering what may have caused them to begin and how I can get the errors to stop.

Here is the information I have on the errors:

Event ID 3011
    Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl failed. The
    error code is the first Dword in data section.

Event ID 3012
    The performance strings in the performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value from Performance registry is the first Dword in data section. Last counter
    value is the second Dword in data section and LastHelp value is the third
    Dword in data section.

Here is what I have tried so far:

From the command prompt I entered lodctr /R: c:\windows\system32\perfstringbackup.ini

As I understand it this command is supposed to rebuild the performance strings from the backup. Either it didn't work or the strings have become corrupted again. Does anyone have a clue as to what could have caused the errors or what I can do to remedy the situation?

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thanks Cudni, I will check out the links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.