Event ID 215 Error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by NoCelery, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoCelery

NoCelery Registered Member

I am currently running a trial of Nod32 and have noticed the following error in the Application Event Log:

Event ID: 215
    Source: ESENT
    Category: Logging/Recovery
    Type: Error
    User: N/A
    Computer: <SERVER>

Description:
    tcpsvcs (3264) The backup has been stopped because it was halted by the client or the connection with the client failed.

The error occurs every hour. Any help would be appreciated.

The system is a Windows Small Business Server R2 Premium with all the latest patches.

2. NoCelery

Further info.

This error (ESENT Event ID 215) occurs at the same time as the following DHCP errors. Alsways come as a set fo 3:

Event ID 1014: DhcpServer
    The following problem occurred with the Jet database -1032: Jet database read or write operations failed. If the computer or database has just been upgraded, then this message can be safely ignored. If this message appears frequently, either there is not enough disk space to complete the operation or the database or backup database may be corrupt. To correct this problem, either free additional space on your hard disk or restore the database. After you restore the database, ensure that conflict detection is enabled in DHCP server properties. For information about restoring the database, see Help and Support Center. Additional Debug Information: JetBackup.

Event ID 1016: DhcpServer
    The DHCP service encountered the following error when backing up the database:
    An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database. Look at the
    DHCP server event log for more information on this error.

Event ID 1010: DhcpServer
    The DHCP service encountered the following error while cleaning up the database:
    An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database. Look at the
    DHCP server event log for more information on this error.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just to make sure, is the IMON's icon actually grey and not red? Also you might need to set AMON to scan files with default extensions instead of all files (default).

4. NoCelery

yes IMON icon is grey not red

i don't like the sound of using "default extensions" instead of all files as this implies less security/effectiveness . . .is there not a more elegant solution ?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  5. NoCelery

no solution . . . disappointing . . . i don't see myself giving up DHCP any time soon (more likely, I will revert to Symantec Corporate). I am not prepared to live with critical errors in my Event Log and I am not prepared to cripple the anti virus software for them to go away.

I have used Symantec Corporate for a few years and am considering the change to Nod32 because of the reputation it has. However, at the risk of getting flamed, a couple of things should be noted:
    - The centralized Management of Symantec is better but the Nod32 one is OK after one has spent a lot of time reading and trawling forums
    - The integrated help guide in Symantec is better

6. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

The default extensions offer great protection, there are file extensions that couldn't possibly harm your system because they can't contain executable code. What would be the gain from scanning text files for example? I know it is a matter of preference, but I don't see the need to scan all file types.

7. NoCelery

Re-configured dhcp and the issue has gone away. May not have been nod32's fault in the first instance but rather a corrupt / misconfigured dhcp set up. Can't definitively state either way, but everything is working ok now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.