Eval - Retail Version Differences

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pvsurfer, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Why is the Evaluation version number 2.12.4 while the Retail product is 2.12.3?

Is the Evaluation version the same as the Retail version with a 30-day expiration?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2.12.4 has some minor fixes concerning only the trial version.

Evaluation version is the same as the retail version. The def updates are larger with the trial version.

3. .....

..... Registered Member

Funny you should say that. My trial of NOD32 has now finished, so cant confirm this, but during the last few day or so of my trial updates where very small (<100kb), dunno what was up.... maybe eset changed there minds on this or a glitch? o_O

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Do they both perform the same, in terms of scanning time and resources consumed? .....Bottom-line: Will the retail version perform the same as my current Trial version 2.12.4 , or better?

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It's basically the same program. It's been awhile since I used the trial version but, I would say it will perform as well.

It won't be long before Eset comes out with an upgrade with several new features. One that Marcos mentioned is: instead of a popup window when your definitions update, you will have a ballon window come up from the system tray.
    Plus, I believe several other features.

It's only going to get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.