Eula Issues

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by LegalSec, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegalSec

LegalSec Registered Member

We are trying to purchase NOD32 for a government agency. However, the EULA clearly states the Governing Law is Slovakia. This is a big problem since the only acceptable Governing Law is in our state. Other states are a maybe. Is this not a common problem with companies and government agencies wanting to purchase NOD32? Is there not a way to get a US version of the EULA? The contacts we've had at ESET have been less than helpful on this topic.

Any advise will be much appreciated. Hate going back to what we had.

o_O

2. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

My guess is that you need to wait for replay until tommorow. Today is free day in Slovakia (and in some central European countries as well)

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Is there an AV that is in your state? You might have to go for something like that, whatever is acceptable. That eula is a standard one see for example Kaspersky one
    http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280159

any software manufacturer will cover itself under one law as it makes litigation easier (not required to know every law in every country it sells)

4. LegalSec

Thanx Cudni,

However, I found this in another forum entry;

ESET has several offices around the world (Slovak Republic, United States, Argentina, Singapore, and so forth) which work together jointly to produce things like the Monthly Global Threat Reports. Each of these offices is set up as a separte legal corporate entity according to the laws of the country in which they reside, which is why ESET in the Slovak Republic refers to them as "third-parties" for purposes of sharing information with them.

I am trying to clarify this since it seems to address what my problem is. I was hoping maybe others are familiar with this.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  5. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello LegalSec,

I work with the tech support team here at ESET North America. I will check with sales department management to see what information I can get for you and if we can assist you.

Thank you,
    Richard

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

We have a number of local and state government clients and the jurisdiction of the EULA has never come up before (to my knowledge) - this will be interesting to watch this thread...

7. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

If nothing else, this thread does show that there's at least one person in the world who has read the EULA on a bit of software :)

Jim

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I would suggest contacting the ESET's Sales Office in the United States directly at +1 (866) 343-3738 and asking for a enterprise or government sales representative to assist you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9. LegalSec

Thank you agoretsky,

I will pass this to the purchasing department to see if they have not already made this contact. They did contact ESET but not sure who at ESET.

:doubt:

10. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello LegalSec,

After speaking with our Sales Management I believe that your team did speak with our sales team before concerning this. Please contact them again if you have any questions regarding your last conversation with the ESET North American Sales Department.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.