ETA for NOD32 v3.0 ??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by EvilDave UK, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

I really dont think that would be possible if you are running windows :p

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    It's not my decision to justify, it's theirs. If some people loose THAT much sleep worrying over it...whelp..maybe going to a brand that released 88 betas before product rollout will fit them better.

IMO, NOD32 has a marketing model that is focused more on their partner resellers and consultants, who focus on the business network world and would rather not guinea pig production networks with betas, compared to the big names like Symantec/McGufee which focus on retail. It seems to suit them better to release fully baked and tested products. And surely, just due to the nature of software, there may be a glitch or two...and sure enough...people will rise up and bash them for releasing a buggy product too soon. It's truely a "danged if you do danged if you don't" situation for them.

I'm a reseller and I'm looking forward to 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, etc etc...but it'll be out when it's out. And I'm fine with that.

3. abzd55

abzd55 Registered Member

I am a satisfied NOD32 user. I was going through the forum and found this link posted by Brian N
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=725291&postcount=6 :)

This screenshot of the upcoming version says it all...what all we can expect. Eagerly waiting for the next version...:)

cheers... *puppy*

4. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Well said Blackspear. The current version of NOD32 is working just fine for me. I can definitely wait for version 3. :)

5. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

He maybe can read it, but who said his company knows how to create a good OS ?
    Maybe Apple can teach them ? :D

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Hmmmm....they switched to a *nix core a few versions ago, and recently...to Intel CPUs. And this past year..they got to know what getting a virus means. What's next? :D

7. sg1efc

sg1efc Registered Member

I'm thrilled with version 2.5 :) Have not had any problems with it at all. It just runs in the background and keeps my computer happy. Eset can take their time and not worry about posting details on version 3.0, as far as I am concerned. As has already been said, tons of other things (Vista, Xbox 360, PS3 and so on & so on....) have been delayed. All it does is get people upset and disappointed when they say that such & such a product will be available on a specific date, only to be delayed in the end.

NOD32 is the best anti-virus I've used & ESET will continue to get my future business. :D

8. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

Not thrown on the market, a beta. You take it for what it's worth. I've been dealing with this very thing with Kaspersky's new version 6 and I loved it. Kaspersky alllowed users to participate in the early stages of beta, which allowed people to help make it better, since Kaspersky listened to suggestions and incorporated some of them into the product itself. Yea, sometimes the builds had serious issues but again, it was beta. People accepted it and continued on.

I'd like to see Eset allow users to participate in the beta at earlier stages, to help Eset make it better, not just run thru a release candidate looking for spelling errors.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Can't agree with you more, they have a vast amount of suggestions already, I'd definitely like to see earlier Beta versions in a hope that we can all influence how the product turns out... I have said this very same thing many a time and reiterate; what other industry has their own customers willing to help test the product and suggest improvements for free...

Cheers :D

10. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Free? Thats what you think mate! I'd do it in exchange for a mac version of NOD ;)

11. Blackspear

Isn't that some sort of hamburger :blink: :cool: :D

12. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

:mad: :eek: :gack:

13. Blackspear

Would you like fries with that? :blink: :cool: :D

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I agree with you Blackspear . I don't want buggy betas . See what is happening with Microsoft's Windows Defender . So buggy , so buggy that it can't be more . So many problems and Microsoft are doing nothing but the advertisement is SOooo big(even huge) , 25 millions active users ...25 millions active buggy betas. IMO , ESET should create (as they always do) almost ready beta and this with KAV6 is stupid . They shouldn't produce buggy software so every stupid home user install it and they problems start and they are disappointed and so on . When the software is ready , it will come out , that's it and ALL we can do is to wait ... :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2006
  15. i_kenefick

i_kenefick Registered Member

Other than the software industry there is the car industry, the food industry, ISP's, fashion industry. This is all I can think of right now :shifty: .

16. rothko

rothko Registered Member

yikes....i'll pass on the beta car and beta pizza thanks :blink:

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Who forces you to install beta? I participate in nearly all beta tests and i'm using beta software for my regualr work. I'm aware of what i'm getting into.
    Thats why we are called advanced/expert users. Those who don't have a clue should simply wait for official final version. It's not out fault if users expected too much from beta software. Thats why it's called BETA.

18. i_kenefick

i_kenefick Registered Member

BETA=Stage in development process ie. Still under development and will definately contain some bugs. You understand?

19. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

Actually it sounds like you are DISagreeing with Blackspear. He wants access to the earlier betas, just like me and others, so we can FIND those bugs faster and also make suggestions on how to make the product better, while it's still in development.

Nobody is forcing people to install a BETA version. If you don't want to participate in testing a beta version, that is potentially very buggy, then fine, you can wait on the sidelines for the release version.

20. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I think this thread has split into two issues:

1. Should Eset announce an ETA for the next official version?
    Up to them - personally I don't need this info as long as I have a perfectly good version to rely on.

• Should there be public Betas
    While I would not use a Beta, I also think that they miss out on the willingness, experience and interest of their "techy" community and their feedback. Even as a Non-Beta user, I would take an occasional peak at a Beta thread to see what is coming. The installation risk for the user should not be an issue if the download is clearly marked as BETA with all the usual warnings.

21. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

You can slag off microsoft till the cows come home,but with out them household computer usage would be almost nil,and you lot wouldn't be worrying when next version of NOD's out!

22. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Sure I understand what BETA is. You guys probably didn't understand me .

I want BETAs:

early betas for developers ONLY
    late betas for the public (late BETA means stable software with no so many bugs, I mean that the basic stuff should be fixed . Windows Defender still can't update correctly in most customers)

Ok , forget it
    :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2006
  23. TomeOne

TomeOne Registered Member

There's a strange tendency for people to be all greedy for the next version of software, as if it's very very important to see the version number jump by one digit. Curious...

24. abzd55

abzd55 Registered Member

The discussion is about the next version, which has a firewall and antispam filter along with lot of further modifications as anounced by ESET. Its not just a version number increase. :cool:

25. bamboom

bamboom Registered Member

I have the Picture of their Version 3.0 Security Suite from Cebit

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.