ESXi restore error - 0x0000007b bsod

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by BioMash, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BioMash

BioMash Registered Member

Hi all

After a quick search through the forums (scary place), is this really an official forum, I saw little evidence of Acronis involvement! Anyway....

I have an ABR 10 Virtual licence and have successfully installed and backed up a virtual machine. When I try to restore the image (same config, same esxi server) I cannot boot the machine.

VM is Windows Essential Business Server (Messaging Server), original error was 0x0000007b error which I assumed was a raid driver issue. Both normal boot and safe mode ended in bsod. I have tried the re-install 3 times with original config and also altering VM settings, all end the same.

I then used vConverter to reconfigure the vm which got me past the bsod but the machine now freezes on loading, I think it is now network drivers that are causing the problem.

I assume I could use universal restore to get round this problem but I cannot install it! It will not accept my licence even though Acronis support say it should. I have been sent different install files with the same outcome and they are now looking into the matter.

I have to say that my experience using Acronis live chat support has been good, they have been quick to respond and have tried to help.

Anyone else have similar issues and able to provide some insight?

bIO

2. BioMash

BioMash Registered Member

All sorted! I had a problem installing universal restore but Acronis support provided me with a solution and I am now up and running and the machine is back online.

I was surprised I had to use UR as I was restoring to the same esxi server, same config but hey....it works:)

Windows 2008 EBS messaging server recovered and reconfigured to new datastores in just under 18 minutes, good stuff!

I was a bit dubious when I found the forums, seems to be a lot of unhappy campers and very little Acronis activity, I also had problems with the phone support, line kept going dead but I have found the live chat support to be excellent, very fast and very helpful.

bIO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.