ESS v5 and Acronis True Image 2010/11/12

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by nickster_uk, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickster_uk

nickster_uk Registered Member

Hi..

is anyone aware of any conflictions between ESS v5 and the Acronis True Image products?

I'm asking as when I had v5 installed, I regularly had issues trying to mount images. The process would just hang when 'assigning letters to partitions'. As a result the system becomes unresponsive and the only thing I can do is force restart/shutdown.

I'm aware that ATI 2010 has mounting issues when PC Tools Spyware doctor is installed but I do not use that program.

Since reverting back to v4, I haven't experienced any problems....so far!

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

This also happens with v5 whenever an external hard disk is plugged in, which is a known issue. This makes me think that the issue may be more to do with dynamically assigned drive letters than imaging per se. See this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=310556

3. JMG24

JMG24 Registered Member

Bonjour (Sorry for my english..I am french)

Win XP SP3 - ATI Home 2012

I also can confirm the problems on ESS 5.0.94:
    - trying to mount a trueImage image (*.tib)
    - plugging external HDDs (Esata)

In the 2 cases , windows XP freezes and I'm forced to reset the system (ctrl-alt-del does not work.)

Re-installing 4.2.71.2 and it was working again!!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. sherryxp2000

sherryxp2000 Registered Member

I had the external USB drive issue with ESet 5, and I did have Acronis version 10 installed. Tho I hadn't been using Acronis during the period I tried ESet 5. I also use Windows Xp3. Also I switched back to ESet 4.

Perhaps a little more data to help ESet squash this bug.

5. am_dew

am_dew Registered Member

I too have had problems after upgrading to ESET 5. I have one external USB drive and several SATA drives attached to a SATA controller card in a PCI slot (yes, I have an old computer). I just uninstalled ESET 5 and went back to ESET 4 and the problems I had disappeared, so I'm sticking with v4 for a while.

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

No problems at all here with Acronis True Image 2011 and ESS v5.0.94.0 :cool:

7. am_dew

am_dew Registered Member

Supposedly the latest version of Smart Security 5.0.95 fixes this -- can anyone who has had ths issue with USB drives confirm this?

8. nickster_uk

nickster_uk Registered Member

I can confirm that the bug which occurred when trying to mount Acronis True Image images has now been resolved. AFAIK, that was the same problem affecting usb drives.

9. JMG24

JMG24 Registered Member

:D I also confirm that ,with V 5.0.95 ,the bug when trying to mount Acronis True Image (*.tib) is fixed.
    it is also true for external drives Esata

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.