Ess v5.0.94.0, fails to dectect media in dvd drives

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tommy456, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

As title suggests on winxp sp3 i insert a game or whatever else in any of the 2 dvd drives eset does nothing, not pop up message no scan ? where as it works as it should on win7 sp1 x86 but on win7 the ghost notifications appear
    i have re installed eset to no avail, fact being so matter what i do, even tried the pre-release update file set , the media in the drives is not detected,
    win7 sp1 also is displaying the same problem today ,of dvd content/media not being detected by eset , so maybe down to a bad update as on win7 at least it did work correctly yesterday

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What interface does your DVDROM use (USB2/3, IEE1394, e-SATA,..)?

3. tommy456

The interface i believe is ATAPI

4. Marcos

I'd suggest contacting customer care who should provide you with a diagnostic tool for determining parameters of your dvdrom drive.

5. tommy456

I have via the web form support ,got a reply asking what the problem waso_O? so i re iterated the problem's and so far nothing looking like i will have to ring them, as via e-mail seems hit & miss so can be sometimes futile

6. Marcos

Please PM me your ticket number so that I can check it out with my colleagues from the US.

7. tommy456

ticket number ? nevermind i rang eset uk today asked about the tool to provide them with info how the dvd drives are set up ect, but the tech support guy told me that he would have to remote into my pc to check on how stuff is configured , so if i decide to leave this buggy version on my pc i will do that ,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.