ESS program conflict

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by kenw, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenw

kenw Registered Member

Long post:
    XpPRO cpu: E6850 2gig ram memtest has no errors. No other problems. No overclocking.
    On AMD A64 3500+ does not happen. 1gig ram.

I get this error only when shutting down, not on restart "The instruction at "0x009247e"(this changes) referenced memory at "0x01081e98". The memory could not be "read"

The program is Executive Software Undelete, a Recycle Bin replacement.
    This does NOT happen when ESS is uninstalled. Did not happen with NOD32 and Outpost2008 installed. I have disabled different parts of ESS. No help.
    The part of Undelete is Deskund.exe and it is called with Udserv.exe an installed service.
    ISS firewall does not see udserv only deskund. Firewall rules are the same on both machines.There is nothing in the event log or any other errors. Drwatson included.

I spent alot of time trying to find a reason for this happening. This machine is
    clean of any virus or malware or any other crap.

I am given the option to debug, but I usually disable MDM. Don't know if mdm would even catch the problem.

If anyone has any ideas thanks. ANOTHER BUD PLEASE !!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. kenw

kenw Registered Member

I have uninstalled Executive Software Undelete. My AMD machine also had some issues that did not show up like the core duo machine did.
    I also was not able to find a debug program that would work on shut down.

Sorry to see this program go as it was the last program I needed before I dumped Norton utilities.

Maybe after another update of ESS I will try it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.