ESS - Outlook Integration Issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by COSMO26, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

ESS 4.2.58.3 .....Because I'm (still) XP Media Ctr '05 I don't expect engineers to sweat over this but having Outlook Integrated into ESS causes (sometimes/too often) the following: Cursor-freeze of 4-5 seconds after Outlook opened; an open email closes itself; when closing just an email Outlook itself closes.

Are their any specific Outlook files I might add to Exclusions?
    I may see one baddie caught by ESS per year but it did intervene with a FedEx Global Services Win32 trojan last November (Detected Threats log) before I could Open it, so I've been reluctant to Un-Check the Integration.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Try upgrading to the latest version, 4.2.71.

3. COSMO26

Didn't see it and I will.
    Passed on last Upgrade per awful time installing 4.2.58.3 and the .67 upgrade didn't seem relevant to me. Have to bite the bullet sometime and this is as good a reason a any.

Thanks!

4. TONPumper

TONPumper Registered Member

I also had this issue. I just ended up uninstalling the program all together.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you mean Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook? Which version? Do you use a POP3 or IMAP account?

6. COSMO26

Hi, Marcos. Outlook 2003 and POP3 via AT&T ISP.

Upgraded to 4.2.71.2 ------

It's still closing Outlook when I'm trying to close just an email and there is still a 4-5 second delay after Outlook Opens for the Cursor to work -Then it's OK. ---- (cursor not stuck in one place but Inactive)

Doesn't happen all of the time but enough to be a little nuisance.

I Can live with it but FYI. I just wondered if there were any Outlook Exclusion entries to make that might help.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  7. COSMO26

Rather than Edit the above I'm making a new post to Bump & update that 4.2.71.2 looks to have Fixed my issue. After the Version upgrade and an initial repeat of the issues things have settled down - No Outlook closing just from closing an Email, and the Cursor delay in being "active" has shortened greatly as Outlook loads.

All seems well with this latest Version.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Great to hear and thanks for updating us :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.