ESS and STEAM (and flash and shockwave)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Sysyphus_Sister, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sysyphus_Sister

Sysyphus_Sister Registered Member

Issues force me to uninstall current version of ESS with incompatibility with STEAM gamer interface.

Has anyone else had these same FLASH/SHOCKWAVE issues with ESS? I changed all settings to allow UDP and TCP. However for instance, if I tried to go to the Adobe Shockwave page, the page would consistently show as blank.

I'm rather sad..Ive been using ESET AV for YEARS and now switched to ESS for VISTA 64. However, if I cant use the browser, what good is it?

Looking forward to possible fixes or workarounds.

Sysyphus' Sister

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Not sure what you mean so I'm going to take guesses.

1. You're trying to access adobe from the steam browser. Don't. You might aswell use internet explorer, it's the exact same.

2. You're having problems browsing steam websites in steam with ESS in which case I recommend you exclude it from filtering. A little example:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5049/steamka7.jpg

A little note, I had *no* problems with steam even when I don't exclude these, so it may not solve your problem.

3. You're having problems viewing steam content based on flash, this can be a problem with flash itself, in which case i suggest you get the latest flash installer (not activex) and uninstaller. Uninstall flash then use the installer to reinstall it. During this time you should have no browsers, steam, msn messenger, or anything else open that uses flash. (Best to close everything)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.