ESS and firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tesla1250, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tesla1250

tesla1250 Registered Member

Quick question really, i am building a new pc and i am deciding what av/firewall software to use.

If i use eset smart security with comodo fire wall will they interfere? In other words if i have ESS should i stop using comodo, or can i use them both?

Thanks.

2. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I would NOT use two firewalls at the same time. I would just use the a/v program instead of ess if you want to use Comodo

3. tesla1250

Which firewall do you think is better? I've heard great things about them both.

4. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I think it's going to come down to personal preference. Comodo is going to ask you more questions (Pop ups) than ESS will. I think Comodo has been around longer & has a great track record.
    I personally prefer to not use suites, I like to use different firewall - A/V products. You need to make sure the different security software gets along so trial them first. Some suites have a week link (A/V or firewall) or are set-up to keep the user out of the decision making process, I personally do not like that.

5. tesla1250

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.