ESET Will not run. Kernal communication issue.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by spectralnubus, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spectralnubus

spectralnubus Registered Member

Hello everyone I run Windows XP professional sp3, I've been using ESET Nod32 for a few months now, I really like it. My system recently contracted the antivirus live spyware, nasty little bug. I was able to delete it through a couple steps and Malware bytes, however ESET will no longer work now. I had to enter Safe mode with networking in able to destroy the spyware, apparently during the process, my administration privileges changed and Nod32 can not communicate with the kernal. I'm unsure exactly what I did inadvertently to cause this issue. While I was in safemode, I did switch to diagnostic startup, which loaded basic services, I'm unsure if this would have goofed up ESET's loading process. I did reload back into normal mode after the spyware was contained and removed, now ESET will not work at all. I'm unsure what to do from this point on, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

reinstall Eset

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest you start Windows in safe mode with networking and running a full scan with the ESET online scanner. If no threat is found, contact customer care and provide them a log from SysInspector along with a description of the problem.

4. spectralnubus

Thank you, I'll give that a try and contact customer support if it does not work.

5. spectralnubus

Update on the issue, The online scanner found two threats, they were win32/adware.spyprotector.n applications, quarantined and deleted, but ESET Nod32 is still not working upon start up, I still receive the "Error when communicating to kernal". Will contact customer support, and send in a logfile using inspector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.