Eset Smart Sesurity and Apple TV

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Eddie88, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie88

Eddie88 Registered Member

I have a Apple TV 3 that should connect to my Win7 PC iTunes, and it will if I
    disable my firewall....

What needs to be modified in the firewall settings (KIS) to allow the Apple TV to connect to iTunes without having to disabe the firewall ??.
    How many people are using Eset and Apple TV ?? Is there not a simple solution somewhere that would address everyones problem instead of the million half solutions on the web that seem to address everything except the core issue.
    Networking is black magic to most people when it comes to finding information, having to enter into boxes with strange titles and etc.....
    Can anybody provide the 'a full monty template' to suit us bottom dwellers o_O
    E8

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. Skier

Skier Registered Member

I experienced the same issue and got around it by reverting to 'Interactive Mode' as I always used to use - and now always will. What really irritated me was that this connection was being blocked but no notification was being given.

Regards

Skier

4. Eddie88

Eddie88 Registered Member

Hi Janus,
    Thanks for the info however I didn't know where to find the IP of the ATV, also I found too many options to use in the dropdown boxes. I followed what Skier had done and went to 'Interactive Mode' and when everything was working went back to 'automatic mode'. Fingers crossed.
    E88

5. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi Eddie88

Thanks for the feedback ,.......... just glad to hear that you have found a solution to your problem. ( Thanks to Skier :thumb: )
    Have a nice weekend.

Regards, Janus

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.