ESET Smart Security install problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by meandu, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meandu

meandu Registered Member

Jan 29, 2011
    I can`t install ESET Smart Security Business Edition (64bit). I did a clean Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64bit install, did all Win Updates and the ess4 install does a rollback after driver istallation. Tried everything. There is no other security software installed, win firewall is deactivated, win defender is also deactivated. I have administrator rights, used eset uninstaller in safe mode but the same error occures every time. Any idea how to fix that?
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello meandu and Welcome
    I'd suggest you contact your local Eset suspport for troubleshooting the issue.
    For that purpose it may be a good idea to create a log file to further troubleshoot the reason for the rollback. Here is a link which give the direction to how to create a log file that Eset Customer Care can use :

3. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Feb 19, 2010

As suggested, do a logged install. After you run the uninstaller in safe mode, you might want to delete all files/folders and regkeys associated with the install, but can be left behind after running the uninstaller. To do so:

Open device manager and click View > Show Hidden Devices. Expand non plug and play drivers, see if ehdrv or epfwwfpr exist. If they do, right click and uninstall. Delete the Eset folder from the following directories:

C:\Program Data\Eset\
    C:\Program Files\Eset\

Open the registry and delete HKLM\Software\Eset. Check C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers for the following files:

Remove them if they're still there, then restart. See if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.