ESET Smart security beta 5 firewall alert?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by devy, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devy

devy Registered Member

I installed it 2 days ago and since then the ESET firewall giving me DNS cache poisoning attack and ARP cache poisoning attack notification many time.Last time i used ESET Smart Security 4 in February but i didn't get any firewall alert.
    How to know the notification is true or false?
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I also get this notification from time to time. Based on the analysis of a Wireshark log we came to the conclusion that it's not a false positive but actually a sort of attack, even though not caused intentionally by an attacker, another person or malicious software. If you'd like me to confirm that the alert is ok, create a Wireshark log with the network communication captured while the attack is being generated / detected, compress it along your Firewall log exported to a text file, upload the archive somewhere and PM me the download link.
  3. devy

devy Registered Member

I found how the problem orginated, teller mistypped my internet billing so my internet connection became shared internet connection.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.