ESET Smart Security 5 RC freezes computer on startup

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by graveller39, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graveller39

graveller39 Registered Member

I installed ESET Smart Security 5 RC on my laptop last week and shortly afterwards, Windows started freezing most times after booting up. It seems it was hung up on the Startup scan and/or on updating. Either way, I had to uninstall (in Safe Mode) to get any use out of the machine.

I'm a little reluctant to upgrade at this point...

Anyone else hear of such problems?
  2. super1

super1 Registered Member

I had the same problem on the RC and the final version, When I installed eset 5 and then restarted, The Windows was completely freezed so I pressed the reset button on the case, But it was still freezed, So I uninstalled eset in safe mode.

I have desktop pc

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64Bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
    GTX 570
    4GB Ram

P.S. Eset 4 working fine.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  3. Somersett

Somersett Registered Member

Similar issue here with Eset Smart Security 5 ( happened again a few minutes ago with Virus Signature Database Update 6473.) Seems to occurs when System Startup File Check Runs (after Logon and/or Update.) Computer slows right down and programmes stop responding which is usually only cured by a reboot.

Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2 (32 Bit)
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E8400@3.00GHz
    4GB RAM
  4. graveller39

thanks super1 & Somersett,

I do have ESET Antivirus v5 working fine on my desktop, but haven't tried Smart Security v4 on the laptop yet. I've purchased a 3-user version of Smart Security v4 and am just waiting for my previous subscription to run out...

I wonder if this bug is being looked into?

The laptop is a:
    ASUS Notebook K60IJ Series
    Pentium Dual Core T4400 @ 2.20 GHz
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium w SP1
  5. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

6. graveller39

thanks for the link dmaasland
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.