ESET Slowing boot times.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by joopselen, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joopselen

joopselen Registered Member

Since i've start using ESET I noticed one thing in particular wich annoys me alot.

I use hibernate almost all the time for my computer because of eset. Normal boot times are insanely high, because of ESET.

Eset tends to scan alot of files during boot time. I've cleared my %temp% folder, wich result in shorter boot times but still they are insanely long. (after I login it takes about 2-4 minuits before I can start using my computer).

Here's a view of my task manager right after boot.
    http://puu.sh/19323
    As you can see ESET scanned about 1GB of data right after boot.
    Here's my shedule scan settings:
    http://puu.sh/19347

It clearly says I don't want eset to scan stuff when I boot. However it still does.

I suppose this is due to the "scan on open" setting, wich ofcourse is preferable. However I just do not want eset to scan when I start up.

Is there a way to "DISABLE" scanning on startup permanently? I know scanning all stuff is "more secure" but 1GB of data just slows down my boot time to much. 1000mb / 20mb random read (if i'm lucky) makes 50 extra seconds boot time just because of eset...

Any idea's / suggestion? Because it's at boot I can't use psexec to analyze wich files it's scanning. Is there maybe a way I can enable eset logs where I can check this information?

Thank you for your reply in advance =).

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Disabling startup scans is not recommended as they ensure that potentially running malware will be detected and removed either when a computer starts or after an update with the detection for the malware added.
    Try disabling the startup scan tasks in ESET's Scheduler and let us know if it resolves the issue. If it does, re-enable the startup scan tasks, generate a Process monitor log from boot (per the instructions here), compress it, upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.