ESET Service Locks Network Files

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ChairmanMAO, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChairmanMAO

ChairmanMAO Registered Member

I have a software package called Home Designer 2014, from Chief Architect, which uses *.plan files.

If I open a *.plan file from a network location and try to save it I get an error message that the file is locked. Attempting to delete the file from File Explorer also runs into a lock error, with an explanation that the file is open in ESET Service.

The same thing happens if I try to open/save the file from a mapped drive network location.

If I open/save the file from a hard drive located on the computer protected by ESET there is no problem.

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it? I tried adding an exclusion for *.plan files, and one for *.plan files specifically on the mapped drive path, but that doesn't help.

2. ChairmanMAO

Oops, I forgot to mention this is all happening under Win8 64 bit.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

set eset not to scan that network drive

4. ChairmanMAO

That kind of defeats the purpose of having AV software. Any other suggestions?

5. er34

er34 Guest

No, it doesn't. The AV will protect your computer and will still guard you well against threats but will not scan files in network machines - they will be scanned when opened in your computer.

Additionally, I'd advise you set your file system real-time protection not to scan all kind of files but just the dangerous ones - as shown here:
    http://kb.eset.sk/library/ESET/KB Team Only/SOLN2147/SOLN2147_custom-scan-extensions.png

Make sure .plan files are not scanned - they are not dangerous and will not be exploited.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As mentioned above, excluding "plan" extension from scanning would probably help. I'd suggest contacting Customer care and providing them with step-by-step instructions how to reproduce it on their end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.