ESET response to false positive reports?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jhobbs, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhobbs

jhobbs Registered Member

Does ESET react quickly to reports of false positives? I mean, do they make a reasonable effort to verify customer reports of false positives, and change the database to correct the problem, within days?

Also, is there a recommended way to tell NOD32 "I trust "this .EXE" and "this.DLL", don't report any errors related to these files? The NOD32 help file shows only Spam info for "whitelist", and nothing for "trust".

2. viruscraft

viruscraft Registered Member

ESET indeed response to false positive reports,but your should explain clearly why you think it is a false positive.You may need to give a sample or a download link of the FP file with its' provider. Sometimes, you may need to give further informations such as the edition of the software which comprises this file.

For your second question,you can exclude the files in the setting option of NOD32.The operation is a little different between Nod32 V3 and NOD32 V2.X.

3. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, I can assure you that the lab takes great care when dealing with virus submissions and false positives. Part of keeping a clean, non-bloated virus signature database is to be discerning about samples they receive from users. Of course, you won't necessarily receive an individual reply, due to the volume they receive.

For detailed info on excluding files from the real-time scanner, see this KB article:

http://www.eset.com/support/kb.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=560

For information on excluding files/folders from on-demand scans, check this one:

http://www.eset.com/support/kb.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=139

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.