Eset personal firewall, unknown device

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zams, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zams

zams Registered Member

Hi! I'm having problem with the personal firewall, there was a thread about this in 2008, but I couldn't fix it. Here is the thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=207120

I have windows 7, but I've done what skibum1981 says in his last reply, and I'm getting the following error message:

C:\Users\Samu>cd "C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>subinacl /subkeyreg \HKEY_LOCAL_MAC
    HINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\ESET_EPFWNDISMP /grant=administrators=f
    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access Denied.

WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be requ
    ired.
    LookupAccountName : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\ESET_E
    PFWNDISMP:administrators 1337 Érvénytelen a biztonsági azonosító szerkezete.

Current object \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\ESET_EPFWN
    DISMP will not be processed

Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 0, Modified 0, Failed 0, Syntax errors 1
    Last Syntax Error:WARNING : /grant=administrators=f : Error when checking argume
    nts - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\ESET_EPFWNDISMP

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>

Now, I have 195 unknown devices under the network adapters in the device manager, and it is really annoying. What can I do?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest contacting customer care and providing them with a SysInspector log besides a desription of the problem.

3. zams

zams Registered Member

Wow, I managed to do it. I downloaded the Eset uninstaller, and that solved it.
    But anyways thank you for the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.