Eset on a new computer

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gugarci, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

My new Windows 7 PC arrived yesterday. Been setting it up today. I have an Eset 4.0 AV license for 1 pc only. I would like to install Eset on the new PC. I can't download the installers from the web using the new PC because Eset is still installed and working on my old desktop. What the best way to go about thiso_O

If i uninstall Eset from my old desktop will it let me use my user name and password on the new desktop to download the installation programo_O

When I entered my current user name and password on my new desktop Eset does not recognized it my user name and password. But I used my user name and password from my old desktop it works.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

The fact you have it installed is not the issue, Eset is not blocking you somehow because of it. Some had similar problems login in, see for some suggestions
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=261443
    but if still unsuccessful just download the installer on your old machine transfer and install. Obviously remove the previous install or purchase another licence.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello gugarci,

Yes you can transfer your license over. Go ahead and uninstall from your previous computer. When downloading to your new computer, first try to copy and paste the username and the password. If that does not work, you will need to type them in exactly as you see them. Remember that they are case sensitive. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Richard

4. gugarci

Thanks I'll give it shot. I'll tranfer the exe on a flash drive and go from there. But on the new PC I'm going to be installing the 64 bit version. Don't think that should matter.

UPDATE:
    Typing in my information seems to have worked. Downloading the exe as I type.
    Thanks.

5. gugarci

I just installed it on the new desktop. All is well, knocking on wood.

6. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Thank you for the update. We are here if you have any further questions. I hope all works great. :D

Thank you,
    Richard

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You could also export your settings & import them to your new installation.
    Making setup on your new machine less hassle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.