ESET NOD32 AV 6667 + Java false positive

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Hollowstriker, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollowstriker

Hollowstriker Registered Member

Hi,

I think there exists a false positive in the ESET NOD32 AV definitions (database version 6667). It is flagging the following file as a malicious Java exploit:

hxxp://www.java.com/js/deployJava.js

The threat title displayed is "JS/Exploit.JavaDepKit.A trojan". Could someone verify and fix it if it is a false positive?

Thanks.

2. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Can't fix it, obviously, but I am experiencing the same behavior here.

3. snickersthequeen

snickersthequeen Registered Member

Hi all. I am obviously new to the forums and joined here because I am having the exact same issue. Did not have it last night, it started just today. It is really messing up my game playing on my fave site - Pogo - which I play at everyday. I am getting the exact same java issue/notice. I ran a complete virus scan on my puter with no issues and no virues found. I even updated my java, again no issues. But I am still getting the java trojan notice and block as stated above by the OP whenever java tries to load when I want to play games on Pogo.

Since I am new here, I have no idea how long it takes Eset to fix something like this or exactly how or where to report it. I sent this thread and a complaint to Customer Care. Hope they respond. First time having to contact them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  4. Hollowstriker

Hollowstriker Registered Member

@snickersthequeen

Hi,

Thanks for helping to send in a support ticket, I've kind of gotten tired of doing so because the ESET support team doesn't seem to want to reply to tickets, that's why I posted this issue here.

Since this is the ESET forums, hopefully an ESET employee will take notice of this and fix the (likely) false positive.

Btw, if you are unable to access your application due to this issue, I think you can bypass the ESET protection by right-clicking on the tray and selecting "Temporarily disable protection". It's obviously not ideal, but it is something that works for me, until ESET fixes this in their signature updates.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

6. stackz

stackz Registered Member

db version 6668 seems to have rectified the detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.