ESET NOD32 AV 4 will not auto-update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dsver1, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsver1

dsver1 Registered Member

ESET NOD2 Antivirus 4.0.437.0
    Virus Sig Database: 4903 (20100228 )
    Windows XP with latest updates and SPs

I've had this problem since version 3 of ESET NOD32 AV, but was annoyed to see that it's still happening in version 4. The problem is that whenever the AV tries to auto-update, it gives me the "Update failed, invalid username/pass" error. But, if I open the console and click to manually update, it works fine. It's annoying because it won't update and the error message tab will pop up at inopportune times (during full-screen videos, games, etc.)

I initially had version 3 (can't remember exact number) via the trial, and then I bought a license. After getting the auto-update problem I reinstalled cleanly.

I just updated my expired license and freshly installed version 4 with my new login/pass.

Same error every time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010
  2. shotsy

shotsy Registered Member

ESET NOD 32 AV 4
    Running on windows vista

I too am having a similar problem. ESET is saying Virus signature database could not be updated. Invalid username and/ or password. Yet my last successful update was today March 1 @ 4:14am Version 4904. So I am guessing that sometimes my password works and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure though.

3. caster

caster Registered Member

i have this problem all the time. do the following

go into setup and then update.

clear the update cache

try again.

repeat

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.