ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 unveiled

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marcos, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

I am still on nod32 v5 but I am now deciding whether to go back to v4 or not.

As it stands I have had HIPS disabled from day1 as it caused me issues, so I am guessing with that off V5 isnt offering me much over V4, to me it feels like V5 is only just out the door and I nearly spit out my drink when I seen a V6 in development.

It feels as if once a major release is released the dev's start focusing on the next major version instead of polishing the existing version, eset need to take a step back and slow down.

My bugs are that a lot of the options dont work in v4 (some in v4 also), I guess this hasnt been noticed because not many people tune the options like in v2 days, contacting eset support simply got a reply of reset to defaults to fix :( , hips seems broken and although I havent noticed huge slowdowns there is defenitly slowdowns of sorts although I am not sure if caused by nod32 or not.

2. flip21

flip21 Registered Member

I have ESET Smart Security 5. I like it and was going to buy it, but MBAM deeps reporting that it blocked ip address 64.94.137.117 when I try to access pogogames.com. This ip address is PinBall Corp which is supposed to be a virus. I am not a techy and have unable to change firewall settings to block this. Right now, I am unable to even get to the Firewall Setting Block page anymore. Can you help me? I only have 3 days and other than this I liked ESET. Thanks.

I don't know how to set this to send an e-mail reply to me if this gets answered.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.