ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 unveiled

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marcos, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

I am still on nod32 v5 but I am now deciding whether to go back to v4 or not.

As it stands I have had HIPS disabled from day1 as it caused me issues, so I am guessing with that off V5 isnt offering me much over V4, to me it feels like V5 is only just out the door and I nearly spit out my drink when I seen a V6 in development.

It feels as if once a major release is released the dev's start focusing on the next major version instead of polishing the existing version, eset need to take a step back and slow down.

My bugs are that a lot of the options dont work in v4 (some in v4 also), I guess this hasnt been noticed because not many people tune the options like in v2 days, contacting eset support simply got a reply of reset to defaults to fix :( , hips seems broken and although I havent noticed huge slowdowns there is defenitly slowdowns of sorts although I am not sure if caused by nod32 or not.
  2. flip21

flip21 Registered Member

I have ESET Smart Security 5. I like it and was going to buy it, but MBAM deeps reporting that it blocked ip address 64.94.137.117 when I try to access pogogames.com. This ip address is PinBall Corp which is supposed to be a virus. I am not a techy and have unable to change firewall settings to block this. Right now, I am unable to even get to the Firewall Setting Block page anymore. Can you help me? I only have 3 days and other than this I liked ESET. Thanks.

I don't know how to set this to send an e-mail reply to me if this gets answered.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.