ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Slammed by PCWorld

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by graytfl, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graytfl

graytfl Registered Member

Was thinking about upgrading my antivirus software with ESET, but after reading the review by PCWorld, I am reconsidering and looking at GData as a better replacement. I routinely look at VB100 and AV-Comparatives to get an idea of the best possible software solution, but PCWorlds review gave this product 3.5 stars. There are at least 6 other software products rated better than ESET. I'm wondering what ESET's response to this review will be.

Here's the link: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/324714/review/nod32_antivirus_4.html#

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

People really need to quit seeing that #1 area and believing its the best AV out there. Just shows how gullible people really are. :cautious:

4. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I have roadtested many of the so called top performers, but I always end up back with my good old Eset. Its quick, light and reliable. Sorry but some of the larger programs just slow things down too much. Kinda defeats the object of having a fast computer if your security makes it as fast as an old pc.
    I just run ESS with malwarebytes, both real time and it does me nicely.
    Each to their own I guess

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

My set up exactly if you throw in a router.

6. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

pc world is biased to the products it sells in-store

mainly Norton

7. Martinus

Martinus Registered Member

And if I may say and correct me if I'm wrong, Only Eset and the latest Microsoft Essential has native 64bit anti-virus.

Since Eset offer me more features than Microsoft in the 64bit platform, I sticked with Nod32.

And from the latest AV-Comparative, Eset is in the top 5. So for a full 64bit anti-virus, it's pretty impressive.

The only thing I could say Eset could help me is making a boot cd easier. Having to download 1gb it's kinda extreme no? There must be an easier way to do it.

Martin

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

GData = Good software, horrible support (unless you are German). Just something to take into consideration. I had a license for a year. I had to email their support regarding the AV stripping the data out of .nzb files. Never got a reply from the 3 emails I sent. Support should be something to consider when purchasing a product. If you do decided to trial Gdata, send their support a few emails during your trial and see what kind of response you get. If they reply in a timely manner and you like the software, then by all means get it.

9. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Is PC World (the magazine this article appears in) the same as PC World (the DSG Store)??

10. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I tried some AV programs including NOD32, the result, I paid for NOD32, it is easily the best AV out there.

AFAIC, as a poster posted above all PC World is doing is to trying to sell more of the rubbish that they sell to unsuspecting customers..

11. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

PCWorld (the magazine) is a totally seperate company from PCWorld (the DSG High Street Computer Store).

12. stackz

stackz Registered Member

If I let these type of reviews and the various different tests for firewall, antivirus, security suites etc guide me, I'd spend everyday of my life configuring a new security set up. :ouch:

13. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

It's not fully 64-bit.

14. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Actually I am too.................just forgot that bit :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.