ESET NOD32 4.2.40.0 Firewall message

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by solisrob, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solisrob

solisrob Registered Member

I'm hoping that someone may be able to address this issue that I am seeing, due to the fact that I am unable to find documentation on ESET's KB in response. Tried contacting them on the phone and was forced to leave a recorded message.

This morning a customer of mine received an ESET pop up message after having logged in. It states the following:

Warning: The usage period for learning mode has elapsed. You must switch to another filtering mode. New rules have been created without the user's interaction in the learning mode. Therefore we recommend checkeing the rule set.

I have found plenty of documentation on disabling the personal firewall for ESS v4, however this is NOD32. I found on the RA console, when I opened Configuration Editor, that there is a Personal Firewall module there. Near the end of the tree was a setting called: "Firewall system integration:" ; and a drop down whereby I could select Personal Firewall completely disabled.

Question, since the client end does not even show this module, is there where I go in the Server confiruration editor to make certain the firwall is turned off in ESET and that these messages to chose Policy Based Mode or Interactive Mode will no longer have meaning.

Thanks in Advance,

Rob

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did the client provide you a screenshot of the program's gui to make sure they actually have EAV installed and not ESS? I have never seen this message displayed by EAV, it makes sense to display it only when the ESS firewall is set to learning mode.

If the message actually comes from EAV, I'd suggest using the ESET Uninstall tool to remove it completely and install the latest build from scratch.

3. solisrob

solisrob Registered Member

Marcos,

Thank you for checking back with me. I have added an attachment of the gui window that appeared.

This is a result of upgrading from ESET 4.0.424 to 4.2.40.0. This is the only customer out of several that I have running the newest version that has this popping up.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.