Eset instal error - "system not modified" HELP please

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Stuie06, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuie06

Stuie06 Registered Member

I bought a 3 year lisence to Eset Smart Security for my new Vaio laptop having heard good things about the system. I proceeded to uninstal the McAfee free trial that had come with the laptop as was asked and reset the laptop. I then attempted to instal Eset only to have the installation to "end prematurely" "due to my system not having been modified." Has anyone had a similar experiance that could advise me as to what I need to do so as to instal Eset. Thank you

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please create install logs per the instructions here and convey them to Customer care for perusal.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

never had such problem, i have also a vaio and did uninstall the Mc instantly :), then cleaned remnants files and folders found on c:, used CCleaner to delete old registry entries and afterwards successfully installed ESS, without hitch. so try that procedure ...

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

There is a mistake in the instructions you give link to .

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      68.8 KB
      Views:
  5. bchon

bchon Registered Member

Where exactly do you attach the 2 log files? ..because I have encountered the same issue as the OP.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You should attach them (the logs) in your email to ESET Technical support representative

7. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

Or attach them here ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.