Eset for Exchange - mailbox count.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by se5a, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. se5a

se5a Registered Member

Is it possible to get eset to ignore specific mailboxes, and therefore not count them for licensing purposes?

got a situation where half the mailboxes are 'resource' and internal only, so don't really need protecting.
    of course when our sales dude quoted and brought the licences he only counted heads, and therefore we've come up very short.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

3. se5a

se5a Registered Member

Thanks,
    that's exactly what I wanted. looks like it's not counting those boxes anyway so we're less over the licences than I thought.

bit of a pain that it doesn't show the count vs the lic count in the 'warning you're over the lic' message.

4. xpcomputers

xpcomputers Registered Member

I agree that the reporting here is lacking.

I was chasing a licence issue recently, and it told us we were short, and I had to go to one place to see how many licences we had, and then go to another place and run the custom query to find out how many mailboxes were being counted.

The licence warning should tell you how many you have, how many you use, and therefore how many you need. Same should be true of the licencing page in the options.

Should be easy enough for your system to do the checking & reporting for us as it must already doing this checking behind the scenes for us to have the warning pop up in the first place!! It just needs to pass that info on in a clear manner!

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.