eset firewall vs. zonealarm free firewall!!!!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by malwarecide, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malwarecide

malwarecide Registered Member

hi eset forum members, :D

I m just curious what is the advantage of eset firewall over the zonealarm free firewall ;)

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

I don't use either program so I can't really answer your question. However, both programs get a very poor rating at the Matousec site; http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

The $64000 question is how much credibility, if any, to give to the findings of this or any 'test' site! I am actually using the CIS firewall but not because of anything I saw at Matousec, I happened upon the Comodo firewall when it first became available and just stuck with it.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

You have more control with Eset fw simple because the ZA free limits some ability in free version. Otherwise both FW do good enough job despite some test site claim

4. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

You think or you know?

I tried both . And I prefer ESS because it's just lighter on my system. But I am not sure to use the firewall since the tests are not so good.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

You tried both and don't see that you can accomplish more with Eset than ZA free? The mentioned tests are a marketing ploy to coerce software makers to cough up money

6. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Yeah , I do see that sure.

I ment more that you said that although both firewalls scored badly at certain test sites you think that they are so bad a those sites stated. Like at matousec?

7. fax

fax Registered Member

by the way, you should compared the ZAPRO with ESET.
    Unless eset has a free version... ZAPRO is much better than ESET in matousec.

If you use the free versions than stay with ESET no use of adding another tool to clog more your system.

And remember you should care of preventing infection rather than trying to block them after they have infected you... its already too late :)

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I meant they are good enough despite what that test site claims

9. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i didn't use anything for nearly 8 years, just av. don't believe all the hype that's span to get your money.

10. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

Firewalls in most suites are very basic. You don't see much configurations like solo firewalls. If you're going to use a free firewall you could try outpost. PC tools has some good reviews too even though I don't like it very much.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.