ESET error log in event viewer

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jamtoday, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamtoday

jamtoday Guest

Hi

I noticed an error in the Event Viewer log about the ESET Service. It read: “The service is marked as an interactive service. The system is configured to not allow interactive services. The service may not function properly.” Although NOD32 installed successfully and seemed to be running OK, I nevertheless, uninstalled it and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. I don’t want to reinstall NOD32 until I know what this error meant and how to resolve it.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. Can anyone help?

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Sound like the issue might be connected to the Windows Services called "Interactive Service Detection". If that's stopped and disabled from startup, you shouldn't receive that message again when you reinstall ESET.

3. jamtoday

jamtoday Guest

Thanks for your reply but if I stop and disable interactive service detection - I don't know how to do that - presumably my system still remains configured to not allow interactive services and therefore the ESET service may still not function properly, I just wouldn't know about it.

I wouldn't have changed any settings such as this, so I'm surprised other users don't report this error. If I hadn't looked in event viewer I wouldn't known as the program seemed to be working fine.

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Did the error appear only once after installation or every time you booted up?

5. jamtoday

jamtoday Guest

I think the error log appeared once.

6. stackz

stackz Registered Member

I've seen this error logged after installing various security apps. I've never encountered a problem after receiving the error/warning and on subsequent reboots event viewer reports no anomalies with the service being set to interactive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.