ESET enough?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by 39steps, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 39steps

39steps Guest

Hi Everyone

I’m thinking of adding Malwarebytes (free version) to my pc. Would it conflict with my copy of ESET Smart 4? Do I need to enter certain mbam.exe files as exceptions in the ESET program and, if so, how do I go about this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. ESS_Lover

ESS_Lover Registered Member

Don't worry , it won't conflict , actually it will make your PC more secured because ESET does not scan the registry where as Malwarebytes scans the registry ! :thumb:

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

it might make it more secure but it will not be because Eset is not scanning registry

5. ESS_Lover

ESS_Lover Registered Member

that's one of the methods of making the computer more secure ! to scan the registry and detect illegal modifications cause by Viruses !
    ESET does not scan the registry ... ask Moderators about it and they'll tell you :)
    but Malwarebytes' scans the registry and you can see it happening in front of your face :D

6. philby

philby Registered Member

That's right.
    Sysinspector can be used to get 'suspect' registry items flagged up for analysis...but that's all.

Not at all and you won't need to add anything to any exclusion list - at least I didn't have to on two machines.

philby

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  7. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

I dun trust malwarebyte!Last time me use malwarebyte(free ver.) for a 1st time to scan and my ESS4 detect a virus n block it while malwarebyte is scaning... malwarebyte scan result is nothing but ESS4 block 12 infected object while 2 already cleaned.That 2 virus is win32/VB.OBK trojan in my system volume information.Hate malwarebyte!

8. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Yes, it was in system restore and not actively running on your system. Unless you restored your pc to that restore point it posed no problem.

MBAM does not claim to detect everything, it is more of a 'niche' cleaner that often detects things that AV's miss.

9. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

What u mean...so complicate...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.