Eset Don't update automatically ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Di0g08, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di0g08

Di0g08 Registered Member

Hi

I have ESET ANTIVIRUS 4.2 installed in my pc with a original username/password.

But my Eset version is: 4.2.58.3
    And the last Eset version is: 4.2.64

Why my Eset stills in Version 4.2.58.3?
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Download and install manually
  3. Di0g08

Di0g08 Registered Member

Lol? Nice software :S...
  4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. no_idea

no_idea Registered Member

What do you expect?

A self-upgrading software might be looked upon as a nice feature by an individual user.

If you are responsible for the welfare of several hundreds (or thousands) of client and server installations a "self-upgrading" software quickly becomes an absolute nightmare!

I do concur, however, that ESET could be more forthcoming with information about new PCUs. Now, we have to regularly poll their web site for information about the most recent releases.

Personally I would prefer ESET to inform users with administrator privileges of available PCUs. This feature should of course be customizable through ERA-policies.
  6. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Yep, I agree. Acrobat, Flash, Photoshop etc all notify when new versions are available.

How about an email alert from ERAC/ERAS, the same as we get when new clients join the network? That would be useful.

ESET - please consider this request.

Jim
  7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

What is the difference between a Virus Signature Database update and a Program Component Update (PCU)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.