ESET compatibility with Site Adviors and Sandboxes & a Keylogger question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by newbie2247, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

Happy New Year !!! :D

I have Windows Vista and ESET Smart Security Suite v3 and 2 IMPORTANT compatibility questions that I hope I can get answers to before I end up crashing my computer or worse.:oops:

Grateful and eager for all replies/recommendations/referals. :)

1) Can I safely use site advisors such as Mcafee's or FF's WOT (web of trust) with my ESET?

2) Can I safely use sandboxes (such as the free one called Sandboxie) with my ESET?

3) From what I have scanned through, ESET is supposed to protect us from keyloggers. Is this true? I need to know because I have just learned that Sandboxie - if used constantly and faithfully protects one from EVERYTHING except keyloggers. This is not good news to hear. I don't even know what it means but I know I don't want it and am praying to the high heavens that ESET does in fact protect us from them.

Thank You and hope ESET's presence here and fellow members can advise me. Very important questions and need sound advice ASAP.

Have a healthy and prosperous new year!!!:D

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

1) Yes

2) Yes, but don't sandbox the AV

3) ESET protects you by preventing keyloggers from being installed on your system to the extent of it's database. It won't encrypt keystrokes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.