Eset caught it, but????

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by weezyrider, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezyrider

weezyrider Registered Member

Eset caught Tracur trying to install itself. Eset quarantined it and we supposedly deleted the trojan.
    According to another AV - Tracur is supposed to install dpwsock32, dll and some registry keys. Searched for these and didn't find these files. Ran a full scan with Eset.

However - FF4.01 and IE (6) simply will no longer connect to the internet. I downloaded Google Chrome for the user, and he was able connect to the internet. However, ESET went NUTS! I typed in one IP addy, and just found out that that was the trojan. Eset blocked that. But then Eset started complaining about Google Analytics and a few other tracking cookies which it usually ignores. Everything typed into the Google Chrome bar gave us a complaint from ESET. This included Yahoo, Unisys Weather, etc.

We downloaded MBAM and it found quite a few suspicious files, including Trojan A (I have the log file.) It also found something called DPMODEMX32.exe - What kind of file is that? One search told us it was malware. Plus we told MBAM to clean. Can post log. And most of these were from Oct. 2010

And while Eset does quarantine the Tracur F, where is it coming from? User does not click any strange links, pop-ups or from emails. Has not received and fake AV offers. I have the IP addy that Eset and Chrome banned.

We tried removing and reinstalling FF and it still will not connect.

We also scanned with Super Anti Spyware which showed nothing.

What else do we have to do?

2. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest contacting customer care and supplying them with a SysInspector log for perusal.

4. volvic

volvic Registered Member

this sort of stuff should be automated - click here to....

catch up Eset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.