Eset Bootable CD

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by kconti1021, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kconti1021

kconti1021 Registered Member

Hello,

I have seen many posts on this forum and on other forums and still seem to be getting no good answers. I am trying to create a bootable CD where I can choose multiple scanning engines. I have done so but it does not seem to be scanning files properly. There are many error opening messages for things such as trying to scan the desktop.

I am trying to get it to scan multiple filesystem so I can use this at my business for windows mac and linux. I have just begun using the linux version of smart security and it does not seem to be updating at all. I am using a proxy but I have configured it correctly in the .cfg file and through the web interface.

This product does not seem to be meant for offline scanning.

Has anybody else had success? Please let me know

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

3. kconti1021

I believe my company was originally using this method before. This is created on a Windows machine. Does it work just as well while scanning Linux and Mac filesystems?

-Kyle

4. kconti1021

Also, Is there a way to edit the settings for the rescue cd so it does not take any action on the malicious files it finds. All I am looking for is a scanner to detect.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET SysRescue discs are based off of WinPE, so unless those files systems are supported natively (or you add support yourself) they won't be scanned.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.