Eset Antivirus BE 4.0.77 for Mac problem

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by ICA, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICA

ICA Registered Member

Hi,

I have a strange Eset Antivirus BE 4.0.77 problem on my Macbook.
    It is a Macbook with Mac OS X 10.7.3 but the problem was there also with earlier versions of Mac OS X.

All the settings of the Eset client are default, except for the connection to my Management Console of course.

As soon as "Real-time File System Protection" is enabled the system is at regular base unresponsive and beach balling. At that moment the help deamon process is taking more than 100% cpu resources. After a while, when the help deamon process is finished, the system is running fine again until this help deamon process is started again (for example when something changes in the Programs folder).

The only solution is disabling the "Real-time File System Protection", configuring the exclusion /*.* does not help.

I have also completely reinstalled my Macbook with OS X 10.7.3 but the problem is still there.

My iMac (also with Mac OS X 10.7.3 and Eset 4.0.77 and the same installed software) is not giving any problems at all.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Kind regards,
    Rene.

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.