ESET 5.0.93.10 Does not allow connections to maintain access

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by hoder, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoder

hoder Registered Member

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem with the new version of the ESET security (used to run 4 without any hiccups). I recently reinstalled windows and upgraded to security 5. I'm pretty happy with it, except for one small issue. It keeps disconnecting me from several services every now and then. Say every 5 minutes. It seems to block a heartbeat from my pc or from the server to my pc. Now the programs I have these issues with have special rules for them and everything is allowed for said programs. They work perfectly fine, but every 5minutes I get a disconnect (I can instantly rejoin however). These disconnects are appearing in these programs: ventrilo 3 (ventrilo.exe) - league of legends (lolclient.exe). It works fine if I turn off my firewall, but that's obviously not an option. I have special rules for all these programs in my firewall setttings so they are allowed to do anything, yet every 5minutes I get a small disconnect.

Anybody have any clues how to fix this?

Kind regards,
    Hoder

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Try going into advanced setup -> Network -> IDS and advanced options -> Allowed services and check the option 'Maintain inactive TCP connections'.

3. hoder

hoder Registered Member

Already have that enabled. I just added trusted zones for those .exe files in question and so far it has all been working properly. Seems like added the .exe file again but with zones now did the trick.

Edit: it seems that it only worked with one program, the league of legends one is still acting up, but that's a pretty bad launcher with very bad support, could just be the servers.

4. Noollab

Noollab Registered Member

Apologies for reviving a relatively old thread, but I have the exact same issue, with the same application, Ventrilo 3.0
    However, rather than League of Legends, my disconnects occur in World of Warcraft instead.

The issue persists on both my desktop PC and my laptop, and I have ruled out it being an issue with my service provider.

The above suggestion from #2 did not solve the issue.

(Oh, it should be noticed that my version is 5.0.93.0 and not x.x.x.10)

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Could you try upgrading to v5.0.94.0 and let me know what difference, if any, that makes?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. Noollab

Upgraded to v5.0.94.0 earlier, and still having the same issues, unfortunately.

7. Noollab

Any news or other suggestions? :3 Having my firewall turned off most of the day is a bit unnerving :/

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I would suggest contacting your local ESET office's technical support department and opening a case with them. They may need to perform additional diagnostics and collect logs in order to determine the reason this is occurring.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.