Errors when doing snapshot

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by beethoven, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I tried to make a new snapshot today prior to running Windows Update. The first time I did not pay enough attention and only noticed at the end that there were errors. As I had done the snapshot running in the background and used my pc I thought maybe that caused the issues. I tried a new snapshot and within the first few minutes, I saw under details errors cropping up. I cancelled this snapshot and checked the log.
    Not very helpful as it only states the number of errors but no other reference.

Where else should I look?

I then tried an archive and this was terminated by FirstDefense_ISR by stating cannot create archive after going through the indexing etc.

I had no problems doing snapshots or archives before.

2. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

In the log there should be a blue cross next to the line either that tells you of the errors or the one above, click on this cross and a detail log of the copy should open.

3. beethoven

thanks tradetime, did not know this :blink:

I can see one error early on : error number 32 - ...used by another process. It seems to relate to my hosts manager.
    same error relates to Opera / mail manager.
    then some more errors - not sure why these files would have been in use.

Could it be that Copernic desktop was indexing them at the time?

Is there a way to filter just for the errors? I notice the filter function but this seems only to work on the upper part of the screen showing me which snapshots had erros but does not seem to filter within the log?

4. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

sorry, no idea what would be causing those probs, as to filtering, I am not aware of a way to filter the detail log, however you should be able to export it, this will produce a log that opens in note pad you should then be able to locate all the errors easier using the "Find" function for "error"

5. beethoven

I will try that but the good news is that my latest snapshot is free of errors.
    I am pretty sure that the indexing by Copernic caused the issues, turning off Copernic during the snapshot seems to have solved the problem.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Some softwares are causing errors in FDISR.
    My policy is simple : if a software causes errors in FDISR and I can't fix it by disabling it or another configuration, I ditch the software immediately and look for an alternative. I will never ditch FDISR for another software, except when it is a better FDISR. :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.