errors on partial restore - and- file dates are all the same!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by spierce, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spierce

spierce Registered Member

Recently my computer started flaking out. So, I did a restore to a new drive using the backup from the day before the crazy stuff happened, not being sure if it was a drive issue or virus.

that went fine (with some help from a previous thread).

Now, I need to individually restore folder of data that changed in the last 2 weeks AFTER the craziness started. Simple enough, I thought, but I ran into two problems.

First, when I start the restore TI immediately throughs up a dialog saying that there was an error restoring and TI appears to be gone. So, I try again - this time TI stays up but I get a ton of errors about the files being in use (their data files). I get the idea that TI was still running the first time, but lost it's UI. I tried again only didn't start it the second time. Task mananger showed TI was still running at a good clip with no UI and no indication of any kind that it is running.

***Next, ALL of the files restored during the partial restore have the SAME DATE!!!! This is a big problem for me - is there a way to fix this? ***

Thanks for any help,
    Stephen

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Please also check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after installing the update, checking the hard drive and updating the drivers then please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- What exact files and folders did you try to restore?

- Make a screen shots or provide the exact text of the error messages you receive;

- Let us know when you receive these error messages exactly;

- Where do you store the backup?

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Note that a possible workaround is to try to restore individual files and folders when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. There should not be any problems with some files or folders being in use, as no operating system or other applications are running in this case.

Please be aware that in order to restore individual files and folders along with their original dates, you should uncheck the box near the corresponding option in the 'Default restoration options' (see the attached screen shot). However, as Howard has already mentioned above, there is a known problem in the current Acronis True Image build which prevents it from restoring the original dates for folders. Even if the option mentioned above is unchecked only the files restored will have their original dates, folders dates will be set to the current one. This problem is in the process of the investigation at the moment and will certainly be fixed as soon as possible. We are sorry for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Attached Files:

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It's not a bug to fix, it's a matter of using diff options when you restore. Open Acronis, click on Tools, Options, Default Restore Options, Additional Settings, and uncheck "Set Current Date and Time for Restored Files."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.