Errors in Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Creecher, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creecher

Creecher Guest

I am having the same problems as others on this forum are reporting I am using the trial version 9.0 (build 2,323). I haven't been able to get a back up without errors. I am backing up to an external hard drive. Now, I have 7 days left on my trial period. I really would like to purchase True Image, but I shall not unless I can get an error free backup.

2. WonderWrench

WonderWrench Registered Member

What are the errors? Backup to USB and Firewire can be problematic.
    Please explain the errors and hardware used. Then someone can help you.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Creecher,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

What operating system you use?

What are the exact vendor, model and connection type of your external hard drive?

What exact error messages have you received? When exactly have you received them?

Do you encounter the same problem trying to create an image when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2323) of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0?

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Creecher

Creecher Guest

Tried doing a backup on my internal hard drive; tried doing a backup with my anti-virus and firewall disabled; guess what, I am still getting errors when I check. I am running Windows Professional with SP2.

5. kky

kky Guest

Did you try setting compression level to normal or low?

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Have you checked the integrity of your drive (all partitions)by running chkdsk X: /R where X is the drive letter for the partition. When you do the active partition, usually C:, you will have to reboot the PC as requested to get it to finish.

7. Creecher

Creecher Guest

Tried without compression still got reported errors.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Creecher,

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Create a new image archive when the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 (build 2323) is running from under Windows and then verify this image by means of the embedded Check Archive tool both when the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 (build 2323) is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2323) of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0. Let us know the results;

- Create a new image archive when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2323) of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 and then verify this image by means of the embedded Check Archive tool both when the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 (build 2323) is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2323) of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0. Let us know the results;

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the requested report.txt file and information to your request along with the the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello creecher,

If you haven't already done so, download and run <Memtest86+> for a couple of hours. You should get zero errors reported. Any errors and you've got either a flaky RAM module or are using too aggressive memory timings and/or frontside bus frequency.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.